Having worked in the British, French and Swiss financial press, Romain is able to report on local and international subjects, as comfortable in French as in the language of Shakespeare, Romain Fournier leads the editorial team of Marketscreener. A fine connoisseur of English-speaking markets, Romain delivers an editorial on the US and UK markets every day.
Every day, the MarketScreener team selects the most important news on listed companies around the world. Here is a brief summary for your convenience:
- Adidas: The outlook has changed again after the split from Kanye West.
- Ahold Delhaize: Full-year outlook raised after Q3 figures.
- KBC Group: Full-year guidance confirmed after net profit of 776 million euros in the third quarter.
- Siemens Healthineers: lowered its forecasts and announced the reorganization of its diagnostics division.
- Walt Disney reported earnings below expectations as the US entertainment giant posted $1.5 billion in losses from the development of its Disney+ streaming platform. The stock was down 8% in after-hours trading.
- Tesla – Elon Musk sold $3.95 billion worth of shares in the automaker, according to regulatory filings, days after the $44 billion acquisition of Twitter closed.
- Occidental Petroleum saw its third-quarter profit quadruple from a year ago, but decline from the April-June period.
- Capri, owner of the Michael Kors and Versace brands, lowered its sales and profit forecast for the last three months of the year due to a slow recovery in demand in China and uncertainty over the global economy. .
- DR Horton – The construction group reported weaker-than-expected quarterly profits and sales due to a drop in demand for housing as mortgage rates rose.
- News Corp, owner of the Wall Street Journal and publishing company HarperCollins, reported quarterly sales and earnings below expectations on Tuesday despite higher advertising and subscription revenue.
- AMC Entertainment – The movie theater chain widened its losses in the third quarter due to a drop in attendance.
- Canopy Growth – The cannabis producer reported a lower operating loss in the second quarter thanks to sales growth and cost-cutting measures.
In other news:
- Elon Musk sells 19.5 million Tesla shares for $3.95 billion.
- Carlyle has agreed to pay $3.34 million in severance packages to its former CEO Kewsong Lee in a deal that officially ends his tenure as head of the private equity firm.
- Microsoft is the subject of a new EU antitrust complaint over its cloud practices. At the same time, its plan to acquire Activision is the subject of an in-depth investigation by the EU.
- Barclays will cut its investment banking staff.
- Meta Platforms announced plans to cut its workforce by 13%, cutting more than 11,000 jobs in a major layoff that management said was due to soaring costs and a deteriorating advertising market.
- Kohl’s CEO quits her job to join Levi Strauss.
- Salesforce is preparing to lay off hundreds of employees, according to CNBC.
- Next comes the purchase of com at the court bar.
- Netflix wants to diversify by offering more live sports.
- Nintendo shares fall 6.5% after Switch sales forecast cut.
- Mondelez in turn removes ads on Twitter.
- Citigroup said on Tuesday it would buy Deutsche Bank’s license in Mexico to continue its investment and corporate banking business there after the planned sale of its retail bank in the country.
Top Earnings Reports Today: National Australia Bank, Siemens Healthineers, Honda, Manulife, Rivian, Ahold Delhaize, Genmab, Roblox, KBC, Adidas, Veolia, Swiss Life, Aviva, Commerzbank… The whole agenda is there.
Actions mentioned in the article
|To change||Last||1 Jan|
|AHOLD DELHAIZE SA||1.55%||29.155||-4.73%|
|AMC ENTERTAINMENT HOLDINGS, INC.||-9.70%||5.0775||-67.49%|
|CANOPY GROWTH COMPANY||4.48%||4.42||-61.59%|
|CAPRI HOLDINGS LIMITED||0.43%||47.1||-27.70%|
|CARLYLE SECURE LOANS, INC.||8.30%||13.7||-7.87%|
|DR HORTON, INC.||5.68%||77.25||-32.45%|
|HONDA MOTOR CO., LTD.||-0.70%||3427||6.84%|
|KBC GROUP NV||-6.30%||50.28||-28.89%|
|MANULIFE FINANCIAL CORPORATION||-0.44%||22.44||-6.97%|
|META PLATFORMS, INC.||7.42%||103.59||-71.32%|
|MONDELEZ INTERNATIONAL, INC.||0.23%||64.04||-3.60%|
|NATIONAL BANK OF AUSTRALIA LIMITED||-0.91%||31.66||10.78%|
|NINTENDO CO., LTD.||-7.10%||5783||16.03%|
|WESTERN OIL COMPANY||-4.52%||71.48||162.06%|
|RIVIAN AUTOMOTIVE, INC.||-11.10%||28.33||-69.28%|
|SIEMENS HEALTHINEERS AG||3.92%||48.83||-28.61%|
|SWISS LIFE HOLDING AG||0.47%||493.4||-12.15%|
|WALT DISNEY COMPANY (THE)||-12.26%||87.565||-35.50%|
#Live #global #markets #Walt #Disney #Tesla #Microsoft #Netflix #Mondelez..